Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Toddler Talk

I've noticed that people have started posting things that they have said to their children that sound just plain ridiculous. Well, I started to feel left out because I don't have any. But that's when I realized that the crazy things you say don't have to be directed towards your own children. For instance, I babysit...a lot and help in the nursery. Lately, I've started taking note to what I've been saying to the little guys (and girls...I'm southern...what can I say? ;)

Here are some things that I remember saying recently:
  • Sweetie, that fork isn't a hair brush...please get it out of your hair...
  • Hey, your underwear goes under your pants.
  • That little boy isn't a chair, please don't sit on him. No, he doesn't enjoy it.
  • Your shoes go on your feet. No, not your hands. Feet. No! Not your ears.
  • Please stop petting my ears...
  • Don't throw your toys please. No, I don't think your toys can fly. No, they don't have "thuper powerth" (super powers) like Super Man.

Do you have any stories like these?

If so, I would love to hear them! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment